Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Igloo Inuit - The results

hooray! we survived! now to tell the tale...

this is me and Lisa's igloo after we gave up on it. I think we built too high before angling inwards. I think since I was digging my ice blocks from inside the igloo, it ended up becoming deeper faster. I should have started angling inwards from the start.



here is my friend jeff outside of the most successful igloo that was built. They were worried it would collapse but it held up through the night! They were so close, only a small hole at the top left to fill in.



When you're in extreme weather, why fight it? Embrace it! Embrace the cold and make it your bitch to make....

jello shots!



unfortunately, the cold weather tried to retaliate and solidified our jello faster than we could pour them into the cups!

here is my friend charlie eating the jello stuck to the bottom of the pan.. since the jello solidified so fast, the alcohol wasn't really absorbed so it was really really strong tasting.




There was a glorious full moon that illuminated the snow field with a bright light. I thought this picture came out pretty cool.



My igloo in the morning... the other igloo became Charlie's poop domicile later that morning...



Frozen eggs! Everything froze, but I've never seen frozen eggs! In case you've ever wondered...



Before we left, we decided to try knocking down the most successful igloo. Peter the destroyer took on this task very well.





... unfortunately for Peter, Grace peed in that igloo just prior and he jumped into her pee. ha!

It was an awesome trip and there's many more stories to tell. I hope to go again and champion an igloo... and hopefully build a snowman.. and go ice fishing... :)

P.S. I was watching an episode of The Real World DC... and the 3 guys in the house go to happy hour at Nellie's, which I know is on U Street, since I've been there before. I got excited when I saw them walk there because I recognized it... then I remembered... it's a gay bar! haha it was funny watching the Real World kids slowly figuring out that it was a gay bar just like I had to slowly come to that realization when I went. Thinking back, I believe it was the drag queen bingo that gave it away haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

What Grinds Momo Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template