Monday, February 8, 2010

The Superbowl

Everyone and their mom is probably blogging about the Superbowl... and I am no exception. haha I had a great time... I had some girlfriends over and they were rooting for the Saints, so in fairness (and my admiration of Peyton Manning), I rooted for the Colts. Even though the Colts lost, I'm not unhappy, because I feel like the Saints deserved their moment :)

However, I will say, I'm very disappointed in Peyton... those interceptions!! They had a chance!! booooooooo. the Manning brothers were very disappointing this year.

There were some highlights! The best commercial ever!!! 18779876401! I assume they are using this as part of the next episode of How I Met Your Mother.

"That, Lebron, is how you shoot a free throw.
Hey, Barney Stinson speaking.
A recording?
No this is really me!
Anyway, glad you called 'cause you sound really special.
Let's get to know each other.
What are your hobbies?
Oh my god, I like that too!
Wow, I'm really feeling a connection here.
You know, I never do this but what the heck.
Let's meet up at MacLaren's Bar at oh, say, 3:45 am on Monday, Oct. 12, 2016.
I can't wait to meet you. I love you"




Also, I found out today that I missed this little gem of a commercial! I don't know how I missed it, but its pretty awesome. Its so short, you would think that CBS would give its own Letterman some more time. With Letterman, Oprah, and Leno all together... the potential!! I wonder if Conan wasn't able to participate because of contract issues.



This Bud Light commercial is awesome! Almost as cool as the coors light knight I saw during Halloween 2 years ago... I want to live at this house haha



I ate too much yesterday. Way too much junk food and beer. haha

The snacks. Made the pommes frites and garlic aioli myself along with the artichoke dip (notice the 'A' theme, so will be posting those recipe adventures soon). Notice Max is sniffing around the pommes frites? That sneaky guy stole like 3 of them! I had to punish him by locking him in his crate in my room until halftime haha



The food. 1 large pizza (half was garlic chicken with tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, ham and spicy sausage, other half was pepperoni, spicy sausage, mushrooms, onions, jalapenos, and sun- dried tomatoes).. gotta love that $10 papa john's deal... my angel hair pasta from the day before, chicken wings, and of course beer. We were 5 and half people - 5 girls, 1 child, and 2 dogs. One and a half of the 5 had to leave early, so it was really 4 of us pigging out haha I'm very impressed with all that we accomplished!!



Not pictured: Bagel bites, quart of ice cream, haribo gummies, almond cookies, 10 lb heavier but happy girls.

2 comments:

Jas on February 8, 2010 at 8:46 PM said...

hey your camera looks pretty good! and mr. gingy looks so funny :D
thx for hosting! the food and company was great~

Monica on February 9, 2010 at 11:19 AM said...

LOL i <3 my camera :)

lol at gingy! he's everywhere!! like the where's waldo haha

Post a Comment

 

What Grinds Momo Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template