Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Veggie Tales

In an attempt to be healthier, and balance out all the korean bbq I have been consuming, I am going to try to be a vegetarian. For now, I am going to try it out for the rest of the week, but I have a feeling this is not going to last the whole week. However, most of the vegetarians I know are lean and healthy people so there must be something to the madness! Plus, as a vegetarian, you can save those calories from meat and spend them on booze!

I'm kind of bummed because I've been really wanting to try this Malaysian Curry Chicken Banh Mi sandwich at Starry Kitchen, but I will try this to reduce my ecological footprint (I think that's the term...). I probably ate an entire pig and cow this weekend at Hae Jang Chon in Ktown, and I plan to eat more of them when I celebrate Oktoberfest and my birthday this weekend.

Today, I have consumed some coffee bread for breakfast and for lunch, I am having a Vegetarian Burrito Bowl (means there's no tortilla) from Cilantro. Sounds boring? It is. Helps that I covered it in salsa and jalapenos though!

2 comments:

Jas on September 28, 2010 at 4:30 PM said...

make sure you still get your protein - soy, tofu.. eggs. i also want to become a vegetarian after watching food. inc.

why aren't tortillas vegetarian? was it a vegan burrito..?

Monica on September 28, 2010 at 7:16 PM said...

haha thanks! i had some beans in that burrito bowl... haha maybe I should watch food, inc too so it will make me feel better about eating so healthy

Post a Comment

 

What Grinds Momo Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template