Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Obama Paper Dolls

So the last time I was in DC, which was a couple years ago, they were remodeling the Smithsonian American History museum. I was so excited to go during my trip this time! There were a few interesting things I saw that I have to talk about. I would definitely recommend going to the Smithsonians if you are ever in DC. I feel like I'm in grade school again learning about history and science... and it might have been boring to me then, but I really appreciate it now that I'm older.



Did you know... that this was not the first Washington monument?



This was the original statue of Washington...! Apparently it was completed in 1841, and many people thought this 12 ton marble statue of Washington was inappropriately dressed... any thoughts on which one is better?



Did you know... Abraham Lincoln had giant hands? I can't imagine shaking a hand that big; his hand would eat my hand.



The thing that captured my interest the most at the museum was the gem I found in the gift shop! On sale for $4.99, I had to get it!!



I think the contents of the pages inside can speak for themselves of why it intrigued me so much. I mean, this is our PRESIDENT!! and the first page has him half naked!!



You can even dress up Michelle Obama and the first daughters! At least they didn't draw them half naked too...



... Michelle's wedding dress...



Barack as a cowboy...? Apparently he really dressed like this in TX. This book is full of interesting facts on the first family's wardrobe!



I can't believe I found this at the Smithsonian!! Paper dolls of the Obama family... with drawings of a half naked president in his like underwear! I don't know why this shocks me so much. I find it so awesome. One day this will be worth something haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

What Grinds Momo Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template