Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy New Year!

It's 2010! I can't believe it! It's been 10 years since I graduated high school!! It's been 10 years since the big y2k scare... which, by the way, I heard some German bank had a similar problem when the year became 2010. It's been 10 years since Britney Spears released Oops! I did it again... (pre-crazy). It's been 10 years since Madonna married Guy Ritchie...

Anyways, its been such a busy December!! I have a lot to post about!! In the past month, I've traveled to France, came home for Xmas, spent some time in Vegas, then rang in the new year in LA. I think 2009 was a good year, and I have high hopes for 2010 :)

I hope to have time to go into detail on some of my adventures... here's just a taste! :)

I was pretty excited to get to see the real Mona Lisa in person at the Louvre in Paris.... but I was surprised at how small it was!! Apparently, so many attempts have been made to steal it that every time thieves cut her out of her frame, the painting gets smaller and they have to put her in a new frame... soon there won't be much left!! Also, kinda sucks, but its understandable, she's behind this big glass layer, so there are reflections when I try to take a picture haha



I saw these guys in Vegas, and I had to laugh... I've never seen advertising like this... so high tech! Not as exciting and sign flipping, but still turns heads.



So on NYE, we went to eat kbbq in Ktown in LA, and I was grossed out by this choice of meat... apparently its delicious.... but i stuck to my ssam gyup sal and kalbi, thanks.




Also, I'm reading Julie & Julia... the book that made the movie... its pretty cool because the book is based on the actual blog that Julie Powell wrote! Pretty cool, because there's a slight chance a lot of the events are real! I am enjoying the book... she writes in a pretty witty way, but I'm very disappointed in the blog. What's a food blog without pictures?!? Here's a link to the blog if you're interested in checking it out...

http://blogs.salon.com/0001399/2002/08/25.html

I think I should do something like that... a blog with a mission.... any ideas?!

2 comments:

Unknown on January 13, 2010 at 10:57 PM said...

UHHHHH DAUGHTA! BLOGMASTER MOMO SUCKA FREE CITY I FOUND YOU!! LOL

Monica on January 16, 2010 at 12:55 AM said...

WAHAHA! danny told me you were bored... haha

Post a Comment

 

What Grinds Momo Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template